Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Walking the Streets


The Wings of Courage team is set to walk in their 4th consecutive EIF Revlon Run/Walk on Saturday, May 11, 2013.
 
The 5K Run/Walk, that ends at the historic Los Angeles Coliseum, has become a tradition for WOC founder and five-year breast cancer survivor, Marla Zack.
 
With little more than a week away from this year's event, the WOC team has raised over $7,500.00 for women's cancers, ranking them in the top 20 for overall fundraising for 2013.
 
Celebrating its twentieth year, the EIF Revlon Run/Walk donates the generated funds to cancer research, organizations, and institutions. The Roy and Patricia Disney Cancer Center which is affiliated with the Women's Breast Center at PSJH where Zack herself underwent treatment is among the institutions that will  receive  funds this year.
 
"Being part of this annual event and knowing that funding goes directly back to the institutions that helped me hit my five-year mark is phenomenal. I am truly blessed to have my health and to be able to do my part to help raise awareness for this incredible cause," said Zack.


Our Amazing Supporters...

“I bought my 'Wings of Courage' necklace in honor of my best friend who's a breast cancer survivor and in memory of a few friends who did not win their battle. Wearing this necklace keeps their memory close to my heart and gives me hope that a cure will be found.

I just got it today in the mail and I love it! It is stunning...every detail is quality. Love the chain.”

"As soon as I saw the lovely design of these very special necklaces, I immediately purchased 3 of them for 3 wonderful ladies in my life who had recently battled breast cancer. The necklaces are even more special because they were designed by someone who had shared this battle, and knows what it's like first hand to come out on the other side of this spiritually challenging experience."

"Not only is the necklace beautiful, but it is meaningful. I have received quite a few compliments on both the medallion and the chain, which allows me to talk about Marla and share her story with others. I cherish this necklace and have not taken it off since the day I received it."

"I love Marla's beautiful design! From a difficult journey came a symbol of survival. I couldn't wait to order one for myself and for friends and family that, like Marla, are survivors. I wear mine proudly!"

"I love wearing my 'Believe' butterfly necklace. It's beautiful, simple, and looks good with casual clothes but can also be worn when I'm a little more dressed up. And it was designed by a beautiful woman to celebrate and help other beautiful women, so what could be better than that?"

"My daughters surprised me on Mother's Day with this exquisite handmade design. It's a beautiful and meaningful gift that I'll always treasure."

“They are beautiful!!!”

Samarie Armstrong wears WOC...

The Journey That Started it All...

Everyone has a story; this just happens to be ours http:fivepokes.blogspot.com

The Wings of Courage® believe story

This is the story that was written about us and featured in the July 10th issue of the Burbank Leader.

Around The Web...

October is BC awareness month and we have been mentioned in two great blogs this month. The folks at spoiled in L.A. had this to say.